Welcome! The Elizabeth Ann Clune Montessori School of Ithaca is excited to begin another year of nurturing the hearts, minds, and spirit of children. We are so glad to have you with us.
All the information you need for the start of the year is here on this page.
Please take time to read through the following, even if you are a returning family, and check back for added information as we get closer to the start of school. We will continue to add to this page as information pertaining to this level develops.
We are a peanut free and tree nut free campus!
We have children in our school buildings with a LIFE THREATENING allergy to peanuts and/or tree nuts. Please refrain from including any peanut or tree nut products in snacks and lunches. Please read labels carefully and note that even non-nut foods may be contaminated if processed in a plant where tree nut or peanut products were prepared. If a product has been processed where peanuts or tree nuts have been processed, we cannot have it at school. If your child does bring another seed butter to school please place a note identifying it as such.
We understand that this may be an inconvenience and thank you in advance for your support with this critical issue. More information can be found in the Junior Level Handbook.
Communicating with Teachers and Assistants
During the school year feel free to communicate with teachers via email:
Liz Allen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elora Becraft: email@example.com
Meridith Jones Scanlon: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracy Smith: email@example.com
Alternately, you can call the school office (607.277.7335) at any time and leave a message. Teachers will return your call at their earliest convenience.
2020-2021 Extended Day Pod Lists
Need More Information?
Details and additional information can be found in the EACMSI Handbook.
Supplies to be sent to school:
- A small box for your child’s spare clothes. The box should be no more than 5 inches high x 8 inches wide x 10 inches long. Feel free to decorate the clothes box, but be sure that the child’s name is visible on both ends.
- A complete change of clothing including socks, underwear, pants, and shirts (all labeled with your child’s name) and a plastic bag for any wet or dirty clothes.
- Indoor shoes or sneakers to wear in the classroom. We ask that indoor shoes/sneakers be labeled with your child’s name and remain at school.
- Weather appropriate outdoor shoes or boots for recess. Please note that open toed shoes are not permitted for recess.
- Weather appropriate outer layers. (We will be outside in all kinds of weather. Think rain or cold.)
- A backpack to carry miscellaneous belongings.
- A lunch and snack in a thermal lunch box with ice pack or thermos, utensils and dishes as needed (Families will not have snack weeks this year!)
- A water bottle (No water fountains)
Please label each item (sock, shoe, container lid, etc) with your child’s name.
This year, whether a student is attending EAC in person or working from home, all students will prepare a work space in their home for when we are learning remotely. In preparation for working remotely, we ask that each family prepare a “Zoom work bin”, filled with gathered school supplies similar to that which students will be supplied at school in their school work bin. Below is a list of supplies to fill that “Zoom work bin.” We encourage you to gather as many of these supplies as you can from what you have already at home. In addition, be thinking about where your child might have a consistent work space at home with a hard work surface, a stable chair, good lighting and an outlet for their computer device. We will discuss setting up this Zoom work space at a later time.
Supplies for Zoom Work Bin to be kept at home:
- Graphite pencils
- A pencil sharpener
- An eraser
- A pencil bag
- A box set of watercolors and a brush
- A box of crayons
- A colored pencil set
- A pair of scissors
- A glue stick
- A ruler
- A stapler
- A bin or box to hold materials that will be sent home